Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Beginning the Process

I would just like to start off by saying that I cannot wait for it to be week three. By that time, I will (hopefully) be completely sure of the vision for my project and fully immersed in actualizing it. Beginnings are always uncomfortable and uncertain. Right now, my future magazine spread and I are just getting acquainted, making awkward small talk about what we think the next six weeks will produce. But, by the end of this project, we are going to be best friends.

Just a disclaimer: I am extremely busy. Always. From musical theatre based extracurricular activities to doctor's appointments to work to "I don't even know what I have to do today but I know there's a litany of obligations", I can hardly find time to breathe. But, I took this class for more than a GPA boost. I took this class to explore myself and to channel my observations and opinions through a facilitated, accepting environment. I am determined to do exactly those things with this project. 

My one problem now is that for the past four years of high school, I have made way too many observations and have formed way too many opinions. My spread simply cannot cover them all. My goal for this week is to explore my different ideas for this project, research them, and decide on one. Fickle-minded Suzie has a tough week ahead of her. 

Something I have already decided on is that fact that I will NOT be making my magazine about drama, whatsoever. I am more than my talent, despite the facts that I have chosen to exercise it 24/7 and that I plan to turn it into a career. I want my magazine to explore a different side of me, and maybe even reveal sides of myself I never knew existed. With a show this week and a drama competition the following week, however, it might feel out of character, so to speak. But, I'm up for the challenge.


Here are a some potential broad topics I have started to play with:

  • Health
  • Feminism
  • Mental Disorders (testimonies and information; embracing of our imperfections)
  • Acceptance (skin color, sexuality, oddities, quirks; celebration of everything and anything society has bashed for so long)
  • Real Relationships (basically actual good advice and stories about what love and human connections are actually like)
  • Food
Who even knows if any of these will materialize into my final product? Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment