Thursday, March 24, 2016

Joomag Help

After over-confidently attempting to figure out Joomag by myself, I decided that 30 minutes of staring at a blank page was doing nothing for my project. It is time to let go of some of my pride; coming back to you guys live following some tutorial videos.

*P.S. I got a college acceptance today and am very happy :)*

Because I have not as of yet collected any images or content for my magazine (lol), I am going to utilize the basic functions of Joomag by working with images I already have saved on my computer. (Sorry for the surplus of headshots.) My main issue as of right now involves getting the font I want to use on one software to transfer to this one. Wish me luck.

                                                                                                                                                                  

Twenty minutes later, and this is what I've been able to produce.
I appropriately saved this photo to my laptop under the name "fail". I think I better find another software or a better tutorial. For now, I am moving on to a software called Lucid Press. If anybody out there can help me out though, please feel free to comment or utilize the submissions box to the right.
                                                                                                                                                                  

Lucid Press and I fell in love at first sight. Here is our baby (obviously not a genuine representation of my magazine.) 
The resolution after downloading it and uploading it to this post is of poor quality, however, the actual software showcases all elements of the cover crisply and clearly. I am sooooooo happy.

Tomorrow, I am emailing Jania and will begin to construct my cover story. I am also going to continue with forming a legitimate version of my magazine layout now that I have the perfect program to facilitate that process. Yay :))

"Elizabeth Liones." Dragon Wizard Wikia. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2016.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I actually really enjoy reading your posts! You incorporate a lot of personality in them, while sustaining a level professionalism, which is a trait I truly admire. I also like that your research isn't exclusive to outside sources in that you've drawn inspiration from personal witness or experience! Moreover, you acquire plenty of research and that is definitely one of your strong suits. Best of luck!
    BTW: I love your magazine title!

    ReplyDelete