Thursday, March 17, 2016

Calling All Covers

I found this and am feeling completely relieved that I won't have to construct the aesthetics of my magazine cover without guidance. I knew what I was going for, and alas, the internet knew, too. I'm going to post a couple covers that I am really digging here, explain why I dig them, and then, I'm going to dabble in designing my own. (If it wasn't already apparent from my the name of my blog, I have an affinity for alliteration.) (I'm sorry.)

This first cover inspires me specifically with the title. It's artsy yet simple, quirky yet elegant, all at once. I also enjoy the caption. It describes the picture so subtly and appears as though it is acruelly a part of it. I love the neutrality of the color scheme; however, I think mine will be a little brighter. Also, I don't think my background will be the entire image and backdrop.

This next cover appeals to me mostly because of the artistry. It almost feels like a movie poster promotion. Although my cover will definitely include more prominent text, I love how entrancing this cover is.

For my own cover, I am feeling the photo in black and white, with the text and female symbol in one distinct color or color scheme. I am thinking hues of red, orange, or pink. This rough design was generated by a computer program I have called paint.net and is probably not what I will use due to the lack of precision and quality I am finding in this first draft.
I don't know why this image's quality is so poor, will work on that. *This is not a final decision whatsoever.* Drawn lines denote text (except for the one under "fem").
 Feel free to critique, commend, or rip to shreds by commenting below.

Paint.net. N.p., n.d. Web.
"70 Most Beautiful Print Magazine Covers." DESIGN Dose 70 Most Beautiful Print Magazine Covers Comments. N.p., 23 July 2015. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.





No comments:

Post a Comment