Monday, March 28, 2016

Changing the Game

Okay Stoklosa and Co., I've run into some issues.

The all powerful and highly adored Nick Lopez alerted me to the fact that this project is due in roughly two weeks. (!!!!!!!!!) Being away, in Tampa and New York, consumed up two weeks of my time without me even realizing. Amazing, life is wonderful.

Dramatic sarcasm aside, I really need to haul booty for the next two weeks. I am proud of and confident in the research and planning I have done, but nothing concrete has actually been produced. I have the context, but not the content. Yikes.

I have decided to shift gears a tad to make things a bit more convenient for myself. Given that Jania and I are hardly acquainted and that she has her own massive project to complete, I've decided to seek out another subject for my cover story. I am thinking of using either Kelly Soluri, my pal from class, or Nick Lopez, my soulmate. Both are a lot more easily accessed and comfortable choices. (I can't believe I'm talking about fellow human beings here, but that's another issue for another day.)

I've also decided to infuse a bit more vibrancy and creativity into my magazine. Up until now, I have been aiming for a clean, sophisticated aesthetic, but I don't think my content or where my magazine is heading align with that look. I am going to spruce things up a tad to appeal to the portion of my target audience that may showcase some hostility toward my magazine. Because my topic is so profound and frowned upon by some, lending some of my quirkiness to the work will prove for much better reception from my theoretical audience. It will also be a better use of my personality and skill-set.

Tomorrow I am declaring a Fembrace Frenzy. Because I have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow (can it really be so?), I am dedicating all of my time to collection and design. I am going to purchase the materials I need for my cover photo and any other photos, design my layouts, and plan with my subject when the photo shoot for the cover will take place (I am hoping for this Saturday).

Let's make things happen, yo.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say how much I love your blog. I find myself laughing out loud while reading. Your voice shines through and I love the personality that you incorporate into it. I also really like your idea because it is unique and I admire how you are not afraid to talk about things, you face the topics head on while still acknowledging that you know it may be controversial. I agree with your idea to make your magazine a little more vibrant and quirky to appeal to your target audience more and make the topic just a little bit lighter. I think going that route will benefit the magazine overall. I am excited to see the final product! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete