Thursday, March 31, 2016

Stuff Has Been Done!!!

After a glorious two hour nap following dismissal from school yesterday, I felt energized enough to get a lot of stuff done!! ("Energized enough" is a complete overstatement, but hey, whether I was fully conscious for it or not, I still did some werk.)

Disclaimers: Despite my constant struggle to stay awake, I am not an avid coffee drinker and did not partake in any caffeine consumption during the making of this post. (Maybe I should have.)

I drafted my cover story void of the quotes I am going to be using from Kelly. She is answering my questions and turning them over to me by this coming Tuesday.

Overall, I am very happy with the makeup of my cover story thus far. It discusses the roots of feminism, the reasoning behind the movement, and where it stands today. My depiction of current feminism includes the differing branches of it and the problems inherent in it. I also incorporated a few witty lines from previous blog posts I made during the research portion of this project. (Throwback Thursday, am I right?)

As if I hadn't already fulfilled enough responsibility for one day, I ventured onward. *gasp* (Yes, this is surprising because I am now a fourth quarter senior and desire to do absolutely nothing.)

I constructed the feminine emblem that will be featured on my cover. It's a little flimsy, but as long as I use competent models, I think it will work. If it gives me problems, though, I plan to reinforce it two-ply by tracing it onto the second poster I purchased (in case of a screw up) and then cutting it out and pasting the two together.  Yay. This is the before and after.



And finally, I decided to start collecting some opinions on the definition for "feminism" by tweeting out a plea for input. I don't go on Twitter a lot, but when I do, I am extremely annoying.



Despite my three very obnoxious attempts, I only got three responses. I am planning on approaching random people in school so I can get some more variety. (You can't scroll past me in person. Ah, the beauty of real life interaction.)

I am finally starting to see everything come together and I am super excited. Tonight, I am going to post on Facebook asking for feminism definitions which will hopefully add some more age range to the answers. And tomorrow, I am bringing my camera and feminine symbol to school so I can take pictures of Kelly as well as other volunteers with it.

WoO!

1 comment:

  1. Suzie! I adore your blog as well your topic. Your idea of feminism is brilliant and creative and your research is well thought out, and your creative side has made your blog funny, and entertaining. I thoroughly read each blog post, and laughed along the way.

    An Awesome Idea: THE POLL ON THE SIDE! I LOVE IT!
    Keep up the good work Suz! :)

    ReplyDelete